Scratch Basic 101
Theme: CREATE ANIMATIONS & STORIES
Duration: 8 lessons (1.5 hours per lesson)
Scratch is a free educational programming language that is designed to be fun, educational, and easy to learn. It has the tools for creating interactive stories, games, art, stimulations, and more, using block-based programming! Kids program in Scratch by dragging blocks from the blocks drawer and attaching them to other blocks like a jigsaw puzzle.
Scratch Basic 101 introduces coding fundamentals and concepts, which is perfectly designed for young imaginative minds who oozing with creativity and the thirst to solve problems within the context of the animation or stories they created. No prior programming experience is required. Kids will be able to learn key computer science concept and think logically throughout the course by building and creating their own fun projects of animated stories and cards.
- Expose children basic programming skills
- Kids begin their journey of logical thinking within a creative realm to produce original products of their own in an effort to solve real-world problem
- Understand and use goal-setting, initiate a project while monitoring their own progress
- Introduction to Scratch
- Understand the fundamentals of coding
- Able to relate logic thinking linking to programming
- Familiarization with Scratch
- Understand the various components of Scratch
- Animating sprites and background
- Sequencing of movements
- Project – an animated card