Our Teaching Methodologies incorporate 21st century skills in order to bring the right mix of learning into our classroom!
Sharing thoughts, questions, opinions, ideas and solutions to get things to work
Working together to reach a goal – putting talent, expertise, and smarts to work.
Looking at problems in a new way, linking learning across subjects and disciplines.
Trying new approaches to get things done equates to innovation and invention
At Kidscode, we believe that Recursive Training is a great way to develop and inculcate skills effectively. By applying guided self-discovery as well as trial & error, we ensure that our kids pick up the skills correctly and remember it, just like riding a bike.
Recursive Training (The Circle of Learning)
- We guide your child through step-by-step exercises
- We get them to rebuild their first project or do a slight variation of it
- We then leave them to build a simple brand new project from the beginning
- We get them to work on this new project without any guidance
- We repeat the process to instill confidence and familiarity
- This recursive training method helps to instill the basics of coding; the sense of adventure and the confidence to explore new ways to code even after the course has been completed!
Learning Outcomes at Kidscode
At Kidscode, we ensure that the following learning outcomes are met after each and every class.
- Trained to think computationally
- Develop/enhance their problem-solving skills
- Sustain their interest in coding through fun and engaging hands-on activities
- Improve their articulation and presentation skills
- Develop their confidence and independence
- Developed skills in practical programming of small but real-world problems