Children captain their own space craft in an effort to build and enhance future developments on earth. They are taken into the future where they are challenged to use their higher order thinking skills to use Minecraft and craft original creations with ethical and cultural awareness.
This course will expose children to:
– coding skills in line with the gaming world of Minecraft
– designing innovations that are novel, yet culturally and ethically conscious
– the challenges of having to modify one’s paradigms, thinking, attitudes and behaviours I an effort to achieve successful project building
Minecraft is about placing and mining blocks. The game world consists of 3D objects—mainly cubes—that represent materials such as dirt, stone, various ores, water and tree trunks. Players gather these material blocks and use them to form unique constructions. Prior coding exposure is advantageous.
How do we at KidsCode impart our knowledge to your child?
- We guide your child through step-by-step exercises to create their first Minecraft world on our guidance
- We get them to rebuild the object or do a slight variation of it
- We then leave them to build a new world from scratch
- We repeat the process to instil confidence and familiarity
Other space trips are provided in the following pages.
This recursive training method helps to instill the basics of coding, the sense of adventure and the confidence to explore new ways to code even after the course has been completed!
Some examples of Minecraft in action: