Python Basics 101
Come learn how to create games and build programmes through the power of code.
Python is a high-level, general-purpose, interpreted and dynamic programming language that can build just about anything. Python is great for backend web development, data analysis, artificial intelligence, and scientific computing. Aspiring developers have used Python to build productivity tools, games, and desktop apps. Syntax programming can be daunting but we strive to make the learning process fun.
This course will teach:
– the power of the programming to resolve daily life’s challenges.
– trial and error processing to build a project from scratch through collaboration
– working as a team towards achieving a successful goal
– positive attitudes and perseverance when acquiring a new skill
- Experience with coding is preferred
How do we at KidsCode impart our knowledge to your child?
- We will introduce Python and its coding functions
- We will share a project that has been developed using Python
- We will break down the project so that they can understand how it is done
- We guide your child through step-by-step exercises for their first project (Tic-Tac-Toe game)
- We get them to rebuild this first project or do a slight variation of it
- We then leave them to build a simple new project from scratch
- We will guide them accordingly
- We repeat the process to instil confidence and familiarity
This recursive training method helps to instill the basics of coding, the sense of adventure and the confidence to explore new ways to code even after the course has been completed!
Some examples of how Python can be used and applied:
- Your very own interactive digital Tic-Tac-Toe game!
- Python is open source; continue on to explore and develop more programs with Python such as create a simple calculator that helps in your school work