ScratchJr is an introductory programming language that enables young children (ages 5-7) to create their own interactive stories and games. Children snap together graphical programming blocks to make characters move, jump, dance, and sing. Children can modify characters in the paint editor, add their own voices and sounds, even insert photos of themselves — then use the programming blocks to make their characters come to life.
In this course young kids will
– Learn how to create and express themselves with the computer, not just to interact with it.
– Use math and language in a meaningful and motivating context, supporting the development of early-childhood numeracy and literacy.
How do we at KidsCode impart our knowledge to your child?
- We guide your child through step-by-step exercises to create a project
- We get them to rebuild this first project or do a variation of it
- We then leave them to build a new project from scratch and without any guidance
- We will support them when they have questions
- We repeat the process to instil confidence and familiarity