MIT App Inventor 2
Children, have, at their fingertips, a load of resources to develop a mobile app of their choice. All it takes is their creativity and imagination. No prior experience is required.
Children will be exposed to mobile app design processes as well as programming fundamentals. Using these skills, children make the best use of their design talents and critical thinking skills to comprehend key features an App. In turn, they learn to independently build their own creation. Along the way, they will be challenged to make changes in their designs through trial and error in an effort to achieve the best results. Couched in the thematic challenged of space travel for contextual purposes, this course will:
– develop problem-solving efficacy
– provide opportunities to become familiar and confident in mobile app creations
– enable problem-solving skills embedded within a specific and meaningful context (that of space travel)
MIT App Inventor 2 was originally constructed as a programming language and is sponsored by Google as an open-source web application. Accredited by the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), it provides abundant resources for children to learn computer programming and create software applications for the Android operating system.
This recursive training method helps to instill the basics of coding, the sense of adventure and the confidence to explore new ways to code even after the course has been completed!
Some examples of how skills learned in our course can be used and applied:
How do we at KidsCode impart our knowledge to your child?
- We will introduce MIT App Inventor 2 and its function
- We will show a sample of Mobile App developed by MIT App Inventor 2
- We will break down the functions of the app so that Kids can understand how it is done
- We guide your child through step-by-step exercises for their first project
- We get them to rebuild this project or do a slight variation of it
- We then leave them to build a simple new project from scratch
- We get them to work on this new project without any guidance
- We repeat the process to instill confidence and familiarity