How micro:bit works
micro:bit is an educational and creative tool to encourage children to get actively involved in writing software in computers. With micro:bit, we strive to motivate the kids to progress from consumers of digital information to be designers and creators of technology with experience of fun digital making.
The kids will experience hands-on sessions on how micro:bit can be used for all sorts of cool creations.
No coding or technical experience needed
Kids will learn and explore how to create a temperature detector using the micro:bit inventor kit. The temperature detector is able to monitor the room’s temperature and is able to activate automatically, displaying a happy or sad face based on a pre-defined temperature setting. Kids will also get to experience turning micro:bit into a simple circuit along with crafting a visual notification with LEDs, powering and controlling a motor-controlled fan and activating a speaker for sound effects.
What do your kids learn?
- Explore the digital making process; and at the same time, be introduced to the world of electronics.
- They will learn to solve a problem put up to them; which will involve decision-making process via coding.
- Kids will realize and understand the usage of micro:bit with its expanded capabilities to do different projects. They are encouraged to think creatively upon this realization.
How do we at KidsCode impart our knowledge to your child?
- We guide your child through step-by-step exercises to create the temperature detector project
- After which we get them to rebuild this project or do a slight variation of it
- We then leave them to build a simple new project from scratch
- We get them to work on this new project without any guidance
- We repeat the process to instill confidence and familiarity
This recursive training method helps to instill the basics of coder and maker, the sense of adventure and the confidence to explore new ways to code or explore other purposes for micro:bit even after the course has been completed!
- Exposure to what is the most talked about micro controller – micro:bit
- Learn how a micro:bit unit works
- Learn simple block programming skills
- Understand what is the term “Internet of Things (IoT)”
- Most importantly gain a level of understanding that allows you to go on to create almost anything
- Check out this awesome auto watering gardening course to experience automation!