Makey Makey Workshop – September
Learning to code is so much more fun with an interactive kit, like Makey Makey. It’s a simple Invention Kit for Beginners and Experts doing art, engineering, and everything inbetween. During the course, your kids will be challenged to think out of the box, to program their Scratch projects with Makey Makey.
Your kids will be encouraged to turn everyday objects into touchpads and combine them with the internet with the help of Makey Makey. At KidsCode, we feel accomplished if our kids love coding after the session.
- No prior coding experience required.
What do your kids learn?
- Expose to building an independent Scratch Application
- Learn to control the coding language with a Makey Makey Kit
- Explore creative ways to Makey Makey to control your code
- Enjoy loads of fun in project-based learning
- Equip with logical thinking skill to execute a task
How do we at Kidscode impart our knowledge to your child?
- We guide your child through step-by-step exercises for their simple animation
- We get them to rebuild this first project or do a slight variation of it and convert to racing game
- We teach them how to connect makey-makey hardware with computer
- We guide them to program in scratch to work with makey-makey
- We get them to work on this new project without any guidance
- We repeat the process to instill confidence and familiarity
This recursive training method helps to instill the basics of coding; the sense of adventure and the confidence to explore new ways to code even after the course has been completed!
- Learn to make an interactive story board where the characters narrates their story when we touch it.
- Exposure to the Makey Makey microcontroller board
- Learn how Makey Makey can work by using proper wiring and connection
- Learn block programming skills using scratch
- Develop their own version of a real life Makey Makey project!
- Continue with many more game creations with Scratch and share with your friends
- Aspire to be next game changer!
- Try taking up the Micro:bit Workshop to challenge their knowledge of coding and let them create a practical application of their skills!
- Also, check out the 2-Day Workshop bundle before you buy!