This course thrives on the imagination powers of the creative mind of youngsters. It will expose children to the Scratch programming in building independent applications involving fun controllers, utilizing the Makey-Makey kit which can be used for extended play such as with fruits, play dough, and even water. No prior experience required except collaborative and cooperative team skills. This fun project-based course will instill computation skills within the context of space travel.
Makey-Makey is a simple Invention Kit, suitable for all ages, interested in exploring coding with the incorporation of STEM (science, technology, engineering, and math) in a fun and enriching manner.
This course will engage children in:
– trial and error decisions as well as learning from mistakes
– crafting original products via coding
– the use of creativity, ingenuity and innovative abilities
How do we at KidsCode impart our knowledge to your child?
- We will introduce Scratch and its function
- We will share a sample project developed by Scratch
- We will break down the project so that they will understand how it is done
- We guide your child through step-by-step exercises for their first project
- We get them to rebuild this first project or do a slight variation to it
- We teach them how to connect makey-makey hardware with computer
- We guide them to program in scratch to work with makey-makey
- We get them to work on this new project without any guidance
- We repeat the process to instill confidence and familiarity
This recursive training method helps to instill the basics of coding; the sense of adventure and the confidence to explore new ways to code even after the course has been completed!