Fun Automation with Green Fingers!
Over at KidsCode, we would want to introduce the concept of Internet of Things in a fun and simple way. Your kids will be using a series of microcontrollers, sensors and actuators, to allow gardening to be done in a much more efficient way. Learning is definitely easier with hands on practice on the equipment.
- Some fundamental programming knowledge
What do your kids’ learn?
- Enter the world of sensors and micro-controllers
- Understand how to use Internet of Things (IoT) kit to automate daily activities around them
- Making sense of data collected via sensors
- Get to control objects with the use of internet connected mobile or PC
- Your kids will also learn to foster strategic and critical thinking
- Challenge your kids to solve problems independently
- Promotes creative thinking
- Inspire your kids to enhance their knowledge in Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM)
How do we at KidsCode impart our knowledge to your child?
- We guide your child to identify the sensors and labels
- We guide your child to do a step-by-step process for connecting different sensors
- We teach them how to work with the hardware board
- We teach them basic programming concepts that linked to the project
- We teach them to code to retrieve information such as
- We will teach create a simple app to record the temperature and humidity
- We will discuss the possibilities of enhancing the projects through the use of other sensors
This training method helps to enhance one’s experience with coding, the sense of adventure and the confidence to explore new ways to code even after the course has been completed!
- Bring home your very first All-in-One, fully packaged IoT kit to automate your gardening at home
- Ability to develop a simple app using LiveCode
- Basic understanding of Internet of Things (Software-Hardware-Cloud)
- Ability to assemble an auto-watering gardening kit