Welcome to the APP-driven digital world! The 2-day workshop is specially designed to allow our participants to understand how an APP is developed? The participants are motivated to put on their very own design thinking hat to look into the design and development process for a functional APP.
We have specially introduced the use of LIVECODE into the workshop, as it is a multi-platform development environment which empowers one to create APPs that can run on every major device and platform — iOS and Android as well as Mac, Windows and Linux Desktops, the Web and Server environments. It is definitely a powerful application development program with endless possibilities.
During this 2-day hands-on workshop, there will be unplugged activities to engage the participants to enjoy the learning experience:
1. Introduction the concept of APP
-> History of APP making
-> Sharing on the trending APP
-> What are the key considerations to making a good APP
2. Go deep into the Mobile Development Process
-> Define the problem statement
-> Ideate solution
-> Create the prototype
-> Test the prototype
-> Refine the solution
3. Unplugged activities
-> Design and wireframe of the user interface, UI
-> MAKE your 1ST “MANUAL” offline APP
4. Introduction to Livecode via creation of the following activities:
- Activity 1: Messaging (Hello World)
- Activity 2: Snake Game
- Activity 3: Compass
5. Introduction to SQLiteD Databases
6. Design and Develop your OWN APP
- Health App – Step Tracker
- Count No of steps
- Push Notifications
- Learn to construct UI (based on the Design & Wireframe)
- Learn to construct your programming scripts
- Save the project as a standalone or apk
The workshop aims to:
a) provide opportunities to test experimental outcomes, thus laying foundational much-desired research skills
b) provide good understanding of computer science concepts that can serve as the foundation for future study
c) provide goal-setting and independent study skills as they are challenged towards reaching a target
d) provide an environment to develop powerful design skills that they can use in future projects of all types
No prior experience required.
How do we at KidsCode impart our knowledge to your child?
* We guide your child through step-by-step exercises to the project
* After which we get them to rebuild this project or do a slight variation of it
* We then leave them to build a simple new project from scratch
* We get them to work on this new project without any guidance
* We repeat the process to instil confidence and familiarity
Our training method helps to instil the basics of coder and maker, the sense of adventure and the confidence to explore new ways to continue on improving their newly acquired skills even after the course has been completed!